Billings Analyst We are looking for a Billings Analyst, responsible for ensuring that our organisation receives payment for services delivered and accurate recording of transactions.
About our Organisation Koomarri is an energetic, forward thinking not for profit Organisation that provides professional support services and employment opportunities to people with a disability in the Canberra and surrounding areas. We employ skilled, motivated and committed people, in return we provide competitive remuneration, salary packaging, flexible working conditions, great career pathways and a strong values based working environment.
At the core of Koomarri's services is a person centric approach supporting people to achieve positive outcomes in their lives.
The Role This position is responsible for lodging claims on the NDIS portal and raising other invoices whilst being responsible for the accurate receipting of funds and recording of all transactions. The position is also required to follow up with service users and customers ensuring that we receive timely payment.
The key areas of responsibility for this position are as follows:
- Lodging payment claims on NDIS and raising invoices in a timely manner;
- Maintaining the service user/customer data base and ensuring the integrity of the data;
- Preparing bank reconciliations;
- Monitoring all accounts for payment and following up on non-payments in a timely manner;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders on billing matters and resolving queries, as and when required;
- Accurately receipting payments in the accounting system within agreed timeframes;
- Assisting with monthly reporting.
- Ability to analyse and collate various billing related inputs accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different areas of a business.
- Demonstrate strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office Excel and accounting package(s);
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles;
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately raise invoices and complete bank reconciliations whilst demonstrating a high level of attention to detail;
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and maintain high levels of accuracy at the same time;
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems.
- It is desirable that applicants have a relevant qualifications in accounting AND/OR at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Employment will be subject to attainment of an ACT Working with Vulnerable People General Registration to fulfil the role.