Our Federal Government client is seeking an APS 6/EL1 Ministerial Officer to be responsible for ensuring that ministerial documents prepared by the Department are fit-for-purpose, meet the content requirements of the task and are aligned with ministerial style and preferences. This role is open for 6 months with a 6-month extension for the right candidate.
The duties will include:
- proofing and editing ministerial correspondence, submissions and briefs
- monitoring, collating, reporting and communicating feedback from QA purposes
- contributing to the development and delivery of ministerial and parliamentary training sessions to departmental staff nationally.
To be considered, you must possess the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in a Commonwealth agency environment and a deep understanding of the role and expectations of ministers and their offices
- Demonstrated experience in preparing complex briefing material and correspondence for ministerial consideration,
- Experience in delivering training in individual or group settings to build agency capability
- Availability to travel interstate, as required
To be considered you must be an Australian Citizen it is also highly desirable that applicants have an understanding or lived experience of disability.