About the Organisation
Our client is a State Government Agency operating across areas such as Justice, Emergency Management, Corrective Services and Veterans Affairs. They are looking for motivated and conscientious individuals who share their values of trust, accountability, integrity and respect to join their growing finance team.
About the Role
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the financial accounting, budgeting and reporting obligations. You will be responsible for the reimbursement of eligible natural disaster expenditure incurred by response and recovery agencies. The Finance Officer works closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the Department’s financial management practices accord with better practice, are efficient and effective, and support the Department’s business objectives.
Requirements to be Successful
What’s in it for you?
- Tertiary Accounting Qualifications (CA/CPA preferable)
- Demonstrable experience in financial reporting, complex journal preparation and monthly reconciliations
- Experience delivering timely, accurate and compliant financial report on a quarterly and annual basis
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Full-time contract within the NSW State Government
- $45/hr rate
- Walking distance from Central Station
Our client is looking for someone to start ASAP so apply now!