About the Organisation
Our client is one of NSW’s largest State Government Agencies, with a strong emphasis on child protection, housing, homelessness and community inclusion. Their key strategic priorities include improving client experience, investing in people and developing a modern organisation.
About the Role
An internal auditor is required to provide specialist advice on internal controls as well as improving internal audit standards and practices. This role requires the use of traditional auditing methods, data sampling techniques and variance analysis. Computer Aided Auditing Technologies (CAAT) will be used occasionally but strong excels skills are very necessary as the majority of audit work will be conducted through spreadsheets. You will also be
required to assist external auditors in contract compliance related audits.
Requirements to be successful
What’s in it for you?
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline (Accounting, Commerce or Business)
- 5 years audit experience (preferably in building and maintenance projects but not essential)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage stakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Parramatta based location, walking distance from Train Station
- Full-time contract with NSW State Government agency
- Opportunity to conduct challenging audit work in a large-scale organisation
Our client is looking to fill this vacancy ASAP so apply now!