I am working with a large Federal Government department to find an IT Architect.
We are looking for candidates with broad architecture knowledge
rather than candidates who mainly have one area of expertise.
This is an initial 12 month contract with 2 x 12 month extensions.
Canberra or Melbourne
Your will be required to:
- Lead the development of strategies within one or more domains of specialisation
- Manage the development and delivery of position papers to support new business initiatives, business cases, risk assessments, new patterns, reference architectures and standards for initiatives which are not in-pattern for the standard environment.
- Lead research activities and provide expert advice on IT directions, strategy, candidate technologies, and the re-use of enterprise IT capabilities within a framework of the departments policies, priorities, objectives and strategy.
- Deliver solutions with a large degree of independence across the enterprise architecture to support business needs and remain up to date with IT industry and market trends, incorporating them into the departments enterprise architecture
- Develop and implement architecture capability roadmaps and impact assessments to support business outcomes.
- Consult with vendors and technical specialists to support the design, development and handover to operations of ICT infrastructure, business applications and solutions;
- Use business requirements to carry out high level analysis and design of all components required to provide an ICT solution;
- Proactively and operationally deliver innovative ICT solution consultancy services that support the business and ICT needs;
- With particular emphasis on solution support and transition to production and the effective performance of all applications.
It would be desirable to have:
- Formal qualifications in a computer science or software engineering related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution, or demonstrated equivalent skills or experience.
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills with an emphasis on a business approach to problem solving.
- Understanding of Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Experience in delivering solutions across multiple hosting environments
- Experience in integrating as-a-service with complex on-premise environments.
To have your application considered, you will:
- Experience in Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, NoSql databases, massively parallel computation platforms, processing of large amounts of unstructured information, business intelligence and reporting systems, and analytical techniques.
- Previous background in working with or within risk intelligence organisations would be desirable.
- Strong understanding and experience in delivering platform based architectures and working in product based business model organisations.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Aimee Goff on 02 6113 7520 or via email on aimee.goff @igniteco .com
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have a minimum baseline security clearance
- Not have worked outside of Australia in the last 3-5 years
- Have your application submitted by no later than 12pm Monday 8th April 2019.