About the company
- Assist with personnel management, physical security & property matters
- Small supportive and collaborative team based in Brindabella
- 3 month full time assignment. Australian Citizenship Essential.
Our client is a small but important federal body instrumental in the provision of ecologically sustainable and economically efficient Commonwealth activities.
About the role
Your role will see you supporting the security and property manager assisting with the management of personnel, and physical security, property matters as well as associated financial and related procurement tasks. Your duties will include:
Skills & experience
- Administrative tasks as well as planning & reporting activities
- Development, review and critique of internal governance documents including business continuity plan, site security plans and protective security handbook
- Provision of secretarial support to the security governance committee
- Maintain internal processes to comply with protective security policy framework and associated protocols
- Provide protective security information and staff briefings. Develop and implement relevant policies and manage internal and external security reporting requirements.
- Liaise with AGSVA and administer clearance applications and reviews
- Assist team with financial tasks such as month end accruals, budget forecasting, payment of invoices and associated procurement
Benefits & culture
- Comprehensive understanding of Commonwealth government legislation, policies and procedures
- Strong demonstrated administration skills and computer literacy
- A flexible and willing outlook accompanied by the ability to contribute to a wide variety of tasks including the review of policies, personnel security briefings and provision of advice on physical security measures
- Exceptional customer service skills and a focus on offering assistance to others
- Demonstrated experience providing secretariat support to decision-making Committees
- Able to respond to and prioritise competing and urgent requests in a calm efficient manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Possession of or the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at a NV2 level
- Australian Citizenship
Our client offers a culture where staff are valued and employees are encouraged to be innovative.
Please ensure that you submit your Resume as a word document and you attach a cover letter addressing your suitability for this position. Click on the APPLY
button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543. About Ignite
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.