About the Organisation
Our client is one of NSW’s largest State Government Agencies, with a strong emphasis on child protection, housing, homelessness and community inclusion. Their key strategic priorities include improving client experience, investing in people and developing a modern organisation.
About the Role
The Senior Procurement Advisor provides expert technical procurement advice on policies, procedures, systems and standards to key stakeholders undertaking procurement planning, sourcing and contract management activities, to enable them to meet business needs and expectations. You will be expected to be on top of changes in the legislative environment to the extent that you can provide timely and effective strategic recommendation to improve the procurement function. This role also requires a strong communicator capable of understanding and clarifying stakeholder expectations.
What’s in it for you?
- Engage and advise key stakeholders on policies, procedures, systems and standards to enable them to deliver effective, outcomes-focused procurement activities across the organisation
- Partner with key business stakeholders to develop innovative procurement and category management strategies to meet specific business needs, manage risk and deliver value for money
- Research, develop, implement and review organisational procurement policy, procedures, systems and standards to effectively support business procurement needs, identify and mitigate procurement risk, and meet all legislative and regulatory compliance requirements
- Advise on appropriate procurement governance and performance management mechanisms to monitor, co-ordinate and improve procurement activity and performance
- Research, develop and implement procurement capability development initiatives to support effective procurement outcomes across the organisation
- Proactively identify and address procurement risks and mitigation strategies to meet organisational compliance requirements
Our client is looking to fill this vacancy ASAP so apply now!
- Opportunity to conduct meaningful and significant work with one of the largest Agencies of the NSW Government
- Ashfield based location
- Senior Public Sector Procurement opportunity