Project Officer - Facilities ref: BH-350376
|Sector||Property & Housing|
|Salary||$53.00 to $58.00 per hour|
- Project Management, Procurement, Contracts & Fit Outs for Government Client
- Long Term 2 year contract commencing July 2019
- Driven and supportive team in a collaborative environment
Our client is a federal government department responsible for the management of office accommodation within the ACT and surrounds covering approximately 18,000 work points. They provide a broad range of property and accommodation functions including the management of office accommodation, delivery of fit outs and leasing of real property.
About the role
Your role will see you developing and defining processes to support business objectives to achieve day to day activities. These tasks will include assistance with the following:
- Project management support & risk management
- Planning and implementation of strategies
- Preparation of budgets & procurement activities
- Contracts administration as well as report & submissions writing
- Property management activities
- Management and monitoring of contractors & consultants
- Compliance and alignment of policies & procedures to government standards
Skills & experience
- Proven high level experience in man aging projects within commonwealth government
- Demonstrated facilities management in a commercial environment
- Experience with construction or fit outs management
- Leasing of real property exposure
- Proven experience in leading/supervising a team and managing team outputs
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal relating to a diverse audience
- Great time management skills and the ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to develop long term working relationships
- Able to embrace and foster work place diversity, participative workplace practices and WHS requirements
- Posses Baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain this clearance
- Australian Citizenship
Benefits & culture
Join a department that has a strong culture which embraces workplace respect, equity and diversity. This is a great opportunity to expand on your government experience and diversify your career portfolio.
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lynda Roberts from Ignite on 02 6113 7543.
Ignite is one of Australasia’s leading providers of recruitment, on demand and people services. For more than 30 years, Ignite has been using its deep industry expertise and extensive relationships to unite the right talent with the right organisations. Ignite operates in 11 cities across Australia and China and employ more than 250 people.