Our client, a peak health advocacy organisation, is seeking a Policy Advisor/Secretariat Officer to undertake research and provide analysis on current medical practice issues, primarily around the fees list and the Medical Benefit Schedule.
In this role you will also draft submissions, briefs, correspondence and other policy documents, and contributes to policy development as part of a small professional work team.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Fees List Advisory Committee and Senior Policy Adviser (Medical Benefit Schedule (MBS) portfolio), project manage and carry out a range of activities to update and publish the 2019 on-line Fees List product.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the Fees List Advisory Committee to develop relevant strategies and polices.
- Provide briefings on Fees List matters to senior internal and external stakeholders in response to media inquiries.
- Provide general secretariat support.
- Contribute to the drafting of formal speeches for senior stakeholders.
- Draft well-researched and evidence-based medical practice policy positions for public and parliamentary inquiries.
To be considered you must possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience providing detailed advice and support on the application of the Medical Benefits Schedule (MBS).
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and work autonomously in a data project similar to updating the Fees List or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to research and provide succinct and accurate information sufficient to inform policy and media briefings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as demonstrated in drafting policy documents and briefing material.
Please note this position does require flexibility to travel interstate.