We have a requirement for Senior Infrastructure Engineer for a private organisation. Our client is an international organisation with 13,000 employees across the globe.
This is a permanent position based in Canberra. Citizenship requirements:
Australian citizen with NV1 clearanceRole and Responsibilities:
- Validate the overall consistency of the infrastructure architecture with regards to Hardware and Software.
- Implement the Hardware and Software infrastructure in line with the defined architecture.
- Assist the Software Integration Engineer during the installation phase of the client application.
- Particpate in technical workshops with the end customer with reagrds to the infrastructure implementation.
- Ensure technical infrastructure aspects of the solution are in line with the customer expectation and needs.
- Understands and analyzes customer requirements, data format specifications, interface specifications etc.
- Identifies, defines and communicates technical tasks that need to be performed to meet customer requirements within constraints of technology related to the Infrastrcuture.
- Creates technical documentation such as installation/configuration/maintenance procedures.
- Deploys solutions to production systems.
- Analyzes and identifies issues on production systems and provides support on site when required.
- Communicates progress, issues and identified risks on daily basis.
- Participates in design and planning activities, following Agile methodology.
- Supports planning by breaking larger tasks into smaller ones and estimating effort for specific tasks.
- Maintains/acquires required skills as product and assignments evolve.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong IT infrastrastructure knowledge in the following :
- Compute servers (HPE Synergy technology is a plus)
- Storage (NetApp technology is a plus)
- Backup solution (IBM technology is a plus)
- Network (HPE Aruba technology is a plus)
- Virtualisation (VMWare technology is a plus)
- Strong experience in Hardware Implementation and configuration.
- Experience in maintaining Infrastrucutre up to date with patching.
- Experience with Security components of the Infrastrucutre (certificate, firewall, Mail protection).
- Experience with Infrastructure supervision tools.
- Comfortable with OS deployment in virtualised environements.
- Bachelor’s Degree with technical major such as Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Karun on 02 6113 7539 or via email on karun.sharma@igniteco .com