Our client a Federal Government Agency is seeking an experienced APS6 Senior Technical Advisor (Nursing, Occupational Therapy Home Modifications and Assistive Technology) to support both planners, partners and delegates to develop and approve reasonable and necessary Agency support plans in specific areas requiring specialist knowledge.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Contribution to policy and operational guidelines required to maximise Agency performance;
- Ensuring high quality written advice and record keeping, including competency with IT systems.
- Providing subject matter expertise using a coaching and mentoring approach, advising on the most appropriate supports to achieve participant outcomes and complex decision making according to the Agency’s policy’s
- Brokering solutions and supporting regional delegates with advice where more complex or disability specific responses are required
- Liaising and working cooperatively with stakeholders including internal and external planners and NDIS delegates to ensure consistent decision making and outcome
To be successful you will have:
- Ability to work within and across teams and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Strong and adaptable communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
The successful Candidate will also have qualifications in Nursing or Occupational Therapy. It is also highly disable that you have, experience in complex Home Modifications, experience in ICU, community or respiratory nursing and or an understanding of insurance and/or compensation systems.