- Leeds, England
- Education & Training
- £60.00 to £80.00 per annum
Can you work in the Wakefield area?
We are looking for people who have either professional or personal experience in supporting children with profound, complex or challenging needs to act as Learning Support Assistants at schools throughout the Wakefield area.
Your responsibilities as a Learning Support Assistant will consist of the following;
• Supporting teachers to deliver effective, person centred learning, focusing around each child's individual Education Health Care Plan (EHC)
• Supporting teachers to provide a learning environment that meets the sensory and personal development needs of children
• Supporting teachers to provide a learning environment that meets the spiritual, moral, social and cultural needs of children
• Ensuring that children are engaged in an inclusive and safe environment.
• Accurately recording information that helps assist with the monitoring and development of pupils.
We are looking for individuals who;
• Show initiative and can actively and innovately respond to children's needs.
• Show a strong level of empathy and understanding towards individual's needs.
• Have good possession of both written and verbal communication skills.
• Can work calmly under pressure.
This is a wonderful opportunity to help children with various needs experience an enjoyable and rewarding education. You'll play a direct role in enabling students to achieve personal targets and leave school with a real sense of achievement.
If you'd like to enter a role where everyday brings a new set of challenges and rewards, please click apply or give us a ring on 0113 246 8220 to discuss this position further.
Successful candidates will be invited to register with Protocol Education. Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references.
We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs. Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment. Protocol Education is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services