- Stockport, England
- Education & Training
- £60.00 to £65.00 per day
As a teaching assistant working on behalf of Protocol Education, you will work alongside the class teacher to engage and support children with behaviour and/or SEND requirements. You will have a passion for working with young people and helping them to achieve their full potential. Here at Protocol Education, we are currently working with a number of schools to provide support for those children who need it most.
Your day to day duties would involve:
- Working with the class teacher, assisting the children with their learning and supporting with behaviour management
- De-escalating incidents of challenging behaviour
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
Key skills required:
- Experience of working with SEND, looked after children and/or challenging behaviour
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to adapt the support required to meet the needs of individual pupils and positively impact on their progress
- Effective communication skills
- Able to manage challenging behaviour positively
A Level 2 or 3 qualification in supporting teaching and learning would be an advantage.
The benefits of working with Protocol Education are:
• Commitment to quality and safeguarding
• Competitive rates of pay
• Daily, short-term and long-term vacancies to suit your needs
• An extensive CPD training programme
• Weekly pay (through PAYE so no hidden umbrella costs)
• Dedicated and education specialist consultants on hand every day
• A bonus scheme for referring friends and colleagues.
For the right candidates, these positions often lead to full time/permanent employment.
Please apply directly or register your details online ensuring you upload an up to date CV - www.protocol-education.com