- Wandsworth, England
- Education & Training
- £130.00 to £150.00 per day
- PAYE Pay, No Umbrella Companies, Free CPD, Local work
Protocol Education are currently seeking an engaging and inspirational Maths teacher to work in one of our schools in Wandsworth. This is a long-term opportunity starting from September 2019 running through to the end of the academic year.
You will be required to deliver the UK curriculum of Maths up to KS5. The ideal candidate for this post will need to demonstrate a proven solid track record of delivering results and raising attainment, passion towards the academic development of pupils, and ability to engage and encourage students.
This a Pupil Referral Unit for secondary students who have been dismissed from mainstream education. The students can be very challenging and requires a teacher to be thick skinned, resilient and has a proven track record of good behaviour management. As a Maths teacher, you would also lead the department and be responsible for the subject across the entire school. The school only has 5 classes with 6-8 students per class and are heavily supported with 2-3 LSA's in each class.
Pay & Benefits
• Excellent pay rate based on your experience
• Guaranteed work for an academic year at a school where you can focus on teaching
• All the flexibility of supply with the security of a guaranteed work
• Opportunity to enhance your career by working at an outstanding school.
• Possible opportunity to go perm
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the below:
• QTS Status or equivalent qualification
• Previous experience delivering Maths lessons up to KS5 within a UK mainstream setting
• Ability to demonstrate methods of assessment
• Passion and enthusiasm for the subject
• Commitment and reliability
• Hold DBS registered on the update service or be willing to apply for one
• Able to provide two school-based references
If you're looking for a deeply rewarding new challenge, please get in touch with me immediately! I look forward to hearing from you.
Here at Protocol Education, we strive to ensure that each candidate has an opportunity to find their ideal job. For a number of years we are proud to have worked alongside fantastic institutions of learning (Primary, Secondary and SEND) to provide them with high quality teachers and support staff.