- Brent, England
- Education & Training
- £140.00 to £190.00 per day
Sociology Teacher - North West London - Secondary School - Starting September 2019
I am currently recruiting for an Ofsted rated 'Good' Secondary School in North West London for a long-term Sociology Teacher role. The school provides quality education for children aged 11 - 16 years old, supporting progress and development towards GCSE.
The school has a strong and organised management team who offer a terrific environment for you to develop your teaching career and be part of the continuing success of the school. The school works effectively with all members of its community to provide a safe and nurturing environment, de-escalating challenging behaviour and promoting positive relationships.
The successful Teacher will have experience of teaching Sociology. In addition, you are enthusiastic, engaging and inspiring, and will:
Plan and prepare fun learning opportunities tailored to the individual needs of each child;
• Assess individual learning needs and work on a group and class basis;
• Maintain positive behaviour management strategies in line with school policies;
• Monitor pupils' work and set targets for progress, through effective and thorough marking;
• Assess and record pupils' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognise the level at which the pupil is achieving;
• Be committed to ensuring pupils make good sustained progress and inspire pupils to reach their full potential through engaging and stimulating teaching.
When applying you will be subject to references and an up to date DBS with update service or be willing to apply for a new DBS through Protocol Education + You will hold UK Qualified Teacher Status.
As a Sociology Teacher you will lead classes in Key stage 3 and 4, supporting pupils working towards GCSE examinations. This is a full time, long term Sociology Teacher role with competitive rates of pay