- Wakefield, England
- Education & Training
- £60.00 to £80.00 per day
Protocol Education are looking for strong behavioural support workers to work at Pupil Referral Units and other non-mainstream settings in and around the Wakefield area.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an SEMH environment and hold a real determination to improve the prospects of young people from problematic backgrounds.
We would welcome applicants with a history of Social Work, Youth Work, Residential or Community Support, Classroom Support, as well as ex-services personnel.
We would also encourage post graduate applicants from Sports, Psychology and Performing Arts backgrounds who are looking to gain experience within an education setting.
The role will involve working in gorups and 1-to-1 with young people who have become disengaged from mainstream education. You will be forward thinking and willing to explore innovative approaches to help reconnect pupils to learning. You'll encourage pupils to rebuild trust in both themselves and their environment, with the ultimate outcome of furthering their prospects in adult life.
This is a challenging but highly rewarding position.
The ideal person for this role will be required to:
* Aid pupils to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his or her own.
* To ensure pupils can effectively use equipment and materials provided.
* Motivate and encourage pupils as required, by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs
* Assist in areas the pupil may have additional difficulties, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation
* Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage pupils to concentrate and stay focussed on tasks.
The ideal person for this role will have the following:
* Experience of working with young people, professionally or personally.
* TA/Mentor/Youth Work/ Community Work background
* Experience working with challenging behaviour and/or learning difficulties.
* Knowledge of the range of different types of learning difficulties and disabilities. Experience of ASD would be a bonus.
* Be trained in Team Teach or be willing to undergo training if necessary.
Please click apply if you have the relevant experience and one of our SEND team will be in touch for a chat. For any questions regarding this position please don't hesitate to contact Protocol Education on 0113 246 8220. We look forward to hearing from you.