- Swindon, England
- Education & Training
- £57.00 to £70.00 per day
Protocol Education are currently recruiting for 2 SEND Teaching Assistants to work within a prestigious SEN school based in Swindon. The setting itself is a small school with excellent facilities and outdoor space. The school is a secondary special school designated for students with social, emotional, and mental health needs (SEMH). Students at our school may also have early signs or a diagnosis of ADHD, ASD, ODD, or attachment needs. Some of our students have gaps in their education due to the transition from one placement to another or in the time when a suitable placement is found. Therefore, we do ensure that specific intervention and personalised teaching is in place to ensure misconceptions are addressed and students are supported with specific knowledge gaps in maths and English. The school prides itself, as being part of a federation, they aim to support every child in order that they can develop their self-esteem, achieve appropriate and challenging personal targets and develop an enthusiasm for learning so that they can make the most of opportunities presented to them. All staff work to inspire, motivate, challenge and support each pupil, no matter what their individual needs may be.
Staff will be supported by an extremely passionate and available senior leadership team.
The ideal teaching assistant will be professional and passionate about SEN and supporting children with additional needs and being fully able to adapt themselves to meet each individual needs. One of the roles, the school is looking for the candidate to have outdoor learning experiences.
Position: SEND Teaching Assistant
Start date: November 25th
If you have what it takes, you can join an experienced, innovative team with incredible potential!
Protocol Education are looking for a candidate who;
-Believes that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Is rigorous, relentless, determined, creative, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a leader
- Utilises a variety of teaching methods to present engaging, thoughtful lessons and CPD sessions
- Is caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
Protocol Education are required to take safeguarding steps which include:
- DBS check
- 2 year professional references and work experience, gaps listed
- Proof of address and right to work in the UK
Protocol Education can offer;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- CV writing assistance and marking tools
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role - please do not hesitate to contact Hollie on 0117 945 3965 for more information.