- Ealing, England
- Education & Training
- £140.00 per day
Strong and enthusiastic primary teacher is required for an immediate start in a SEND school in Ealing. This role is initially a long-term placement until July 2019, however there is the potential for it to become permanent for the right candidate.
Our school is looking for two Primary Teachers with SEND experience in Autism and/or Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD/Severe Learning Difficulties) to look after a reception class and a Year 5 and Year 6 class.
The school caters for pupils with autism as well as those with speech and communicational difficulties. Therefore, previous or existing experience working with pupils with these challenges would be an advantage. Class sizes are small, and academic standards are high (as evidenced by the pleasing outcome attained in their most recent Ofsted report).
Ideally, you will:
• Be able to commit to a full-time role (5 days per week)
• Have previous or existing experience working with children with different educational
• Confidence differentiating lessons for pupils with a range of different academic abilities
• A good knowledge of the national curriculum or confident in supporting small groups
with particular subject/s (e.g. Numeracy, literacy booster groups)
• Cable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus, classroom management
and on-going 1:1 support where necessary
• Good interpersonal and communicational skills
• Familiarity with instructional approaches required to facilitate complete access to the
curriculum for pupils with ASD as well as speech and communicational difficulties
If this role is of interest to you, or you are just generally seeking new opportunities within a SEND setting, please feel free to contact Aiden at Protocol Education on 0203 219 7740 for further information.