We are currently recruiting for PMLD Support Worker/teaching assistants to work with young people aged 8-19 with Moderate and Profound Learning Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Speech, Language and Communication difficulties. Our institute takes pride in putting the wellbeing and education of children as their main priority. They have an independent and flexible approach to tailoring innovative solutions to meet the needs of the students.
The students benefit from being educated by a dedicated team of professionals. An important part of your role will be to work alongside skilled staff and students working together in pleasant surroundings with excellent facilities.
- No Umbrella companies
- Free CPD
- Local OWrk
- Dedicated Consultant
For this role, you will have:-
- Personal Care
- Moving and Handling
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools, Pupil Referral Units or in Youth Work.
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience.
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour.
- Happy to work one to one and small group work.
- An enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.