Your new company
A leading name in the Civil and Engineering industry that is respected worldwide for delivering innovative solutions is looking for a Project Manager to join their growing business. They Specialise in diagnostic surveys, repairs, refurbishment, bridge bearings, expansion joints and cathodic protection to reinforced concrete in the building, civil and marine sectors.
Their products and services offer high value-added solutions which are synonymous with sustainability. Their aim is “to do more with less materials and energy”, setting them apart from other conventional solutions. Job details and responsibilities-
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to progress to the next stage of their career, covering projects around Central England. The duration of the role is 4 years.
The Project Manager will ensure the safe and effective delivery of Projects; from involvement during initial pre-contract award, through budgeting, planning and procurement stage to construction-phase delivery, finally collating project Handover file and supporting the closing of Final Account.
Benefits of your new role-
- Work closely with the Contracts / Operations Manager to plan, manage and deliver project tasks and outcomes in accordance with scope and contract, including authoring of Risk Assessment Method Statements.
- Manage Project life cycle cost control; from pre-start budget, construction phase cost reporting and forecasting.
- Implement cost control and monitor physical progress
- Engage and manage sub-contractors, ensuring safe systems of works are in place and complied with, inductions completed, and work standards / schedules are being adhered to.
- Write and execute Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s), quality assurance and coordinating sub-contractors on a day-to-day basis.
- Review and validate plans and drawings and interface with design engineers and draftsmen to ensure accuracy and buildability.
The position offers a competitive salary of £60,000 p/a plus a £6000-7000k annual bonus. A company car or car allowance is also provided. Other benefits of the role include private healthcare, income protection insurance, life assurance, company pension, company share scheme and much more.
The ideal candidate will hold strong experience in demonstrating best practice of Safety Culture and promote and instil amongst project team, this included controlling costs throughout life cycle of projects and budgeting project from handover and developing cost plans. You will work closely with commercial counterpart to ensure accurate billing and reporting. You will have good working knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts and hold excellent organisational skills and time management ability.
You will hold a degree in civil engineering or equivalent in a relevant construction discipline.
You will be Health and Safety aware and have up to date CSCS Black card & SMSTS as a minimum.
Experience of operational management of projects gained from a TIER 2 specialist contracting environment is essential, alongside having knowledge with Project Planning software. Previous experience in working with Jacking & Propping Bearing Replacement PT Civils Structural Repairs & Strengthening and Cathodic Protection installation is key to this role.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, then please apply. However, if this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position then please contact me for a confidential discussion.