We are recruiting for a Senior Deputy manager for an outstanding Nursery in Bolton. The Nursery has a fantastic reputation for high quality childcare and staff well-being.
We are looking for someone with experience already as a Deputy Manager to support the established Team and Manager.Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
To support the manager in managing the provision of the nursery ensuring that children, parents and staff team work together to provide high quality childcare.
To assist the manager in dealing with the day to day financial operations within the nursery, by ensuring financial targets are met and managing the occupancy, ensuring maximum capacity within the setting.
To support the manager in ensuring the staff team are effectively led and supported.
To assist the manager in setting nursery goals and monitoring the achievement of progress against targets.
To constantly monitor and assess the quality of the provision ensuring that all policies and procedures, best practice and standards are maintained.
To manage the setting in the absence of the manager.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Level 3 in Childcare
- EYP Status or EYT Status Level 5 or higher teaching/child care qualification or willing to study towards. Certificate in Paediatric First Aid and Safeguarding.
- Desirable: Management qualification or equivalent.
- Proven relevant experience of managing and supervising a team in a childcare setting
- The ability to manage the nursery when the manager is away from the setting and to take on the managers role effectively and competently in her absence.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the requirements of EYFS and Ofsted inspection framework.
- Experience of, and proficiency in, Microsoft packages and general IT competency.
- Experience of managing, supervision and appraisal of staff. Proven ability to develop an effective team.Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of an EYFS setting, providing a high quality of education and welfare for young children (i.e. rated ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’).
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations relating to day care for young children and the Ofsted inspections process for approval of day care settings.
- Knowledge and ability to create and implement policies and procedures consistent with legislation, regulations and local requirements. (In line with the manager).
- The ability to interpret policies and procedures thoughtfully, consistently and tactfully. To constantly evaluate those policies and procedures along with the manager and keep them fully updated.
This Deputy Manager role in Bolton is a fantastic opportunity to join this outstanding team, we are working on behalf of our client to recruit for this role, please send your CV and we will call you to discuss.