JOB TITLE: EMAIL MARKETING EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: EMAIL MARKETING MANAGER
WHO WE ARE AND WHY US
Henry J Ryman, founder of Ryman, opened his first store in London at Great Portland Street in 1893, and there is still a store there today.
Ryman is part of Theo Paphitis Retail Group, which comprises Ryman, Robert Dyas, Boux Avenue and the London Graphic Centre.
The Ryman brand values are quality, value, reliability and service. These have been developed and nurtured for over 100 years making Ryman the acknowledged leader in its field.
Over the years, we have grown, developed and extended our offering to provide the very best in stationery, office supplies, and technology and office furniture. With over 220 stores and our online shop, our business accounts and special discounts for students, our unrivalled product knowledge, range and service, and our commitment to giving you the very best products, we are still just as passionate about stationery as Henry was on that very first day.
We are a people oriented Company which thrives on supporting its colleagues by providing them with the knowledge, tools, policies and procedures they need to excel in their role. We are committed to providing our colleagues with development opportunities, job satisfaction and of course some fun whilst working!
OVERALL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
As Email Marketing Executive you will manage the day to day creation, building and sending of our email campaigns, driving sales and engagement with both businesses and consumers. You will be responsible for the end to end management of all broadcast emails, liaising with key stakeholders across the business to ensure our customers receive relevant, timely and inspiring communications from the brand all aimed at driving repeat purchase and long term loyalty.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the broadcast email programme from initial creation to final analysis for both our B2C and B2B emails
- Design and implement weekly emails including creating compelling copy, subject lines, design templates, briefing the studio as well as building emails in our system Ometria
- Manage the full sign off for all email, including Trading sign off as well as stock checking in the systems, working with relevant Trading Manager and Online Merchandisers across both websites
- Ensure prompt, accurate and error free communications to our customers, helping to build loyalty and minimise unsubscribes
- Manage the email marketing calendars for B2C and B2B, working with the necessary stakeholders to ensure that emails align with the overall customer plan
- Implement a test and learn email strategy to drive continuous improvement
- Support the implementation of automation email programmes such as welcome journeys, post purchase and VIP programmes
- Increase email subscriber base testing new sign up mechanics with the marketing and online trading teams
- Provide support on all projects related to CRM
- Support the delivery of segmentation of customer data leading to more tailored email communications focused on increasing frequency of purchase
- Support on providing analysis of all email campaigns across all key KPI’s
- Responsible for competitor analysis, understanding what our competitors are doing and how we can develop our emails to drive greater levels of engagement
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN YOU
- A email marketing expert with a wide knowledge of industry best practice
- A strong creative executer, with excellent copywriting skills and who can create compelling customer communications
- A dynamic, passionate self-starter who can priorities their own workload and take full accountability for all aspects of their role
- Excellent prioritisation skills, the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- A team player with a can do attitude and someone who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure the work is completed on time and accurately
- An analytical mind, who can confidently interpret data to help drive decision and engage across the business
- A confident communicator, who can clear articulate credible opinions based on facts and challenge key stakeholders across the business
- The ability to be flexible and work to support the needs of the business including occasional weekend working
- Experience working in retail eCommerce is preferred
- Experience working with the Ometria email platform would be an advantage
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Competitive Salary
- Good holiday entitlement
- Generous discount at Ryman and the other brands within the Theo Paphitis Retail Group
- A great team to work with where you can progress and make a difference at all levels.
PLEASE NOTE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO CARRY OUT OTHER DUTIES AS AND WHEN REQUIRED.