Superintendent Metallurgy Mine Process
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for a Superintendent Metallurgy Mine Process to provide process technical expertise and leadership to optimize plant performance in the Ore Preparation Plant and Pipeline. The Company
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar. The Role
The Superintendent Metallurgy Mine Process will report to the Mine Process Manager and will be part of the Mine Process Team. The Responsibilities
- Ensure Safety and environmental compliance (Zero Injuries, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation and ongoing management of departmental budgets and forecasts
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring adherence to appropriate new procedures, processes and technologies to ensure the safe and efficient operation of assets.
- Ensure metallurgical efficiency and productivity to meet budget commitments - both quality & quantity.
- Monitor through appropriately developed reporting systems plant performance and plan and recommend future plant and equipment requirements and cost improvement strategies.
- Work closely with the laboratory functions to ensure the best available sampling and assay techniques are used.
- Develop, plan and implement/oversee strategies for continuous improvement in the plant metallurgical performance. Particular emphasis will be on safety, productivity and cost.
- Conduct investigations and root cause analysis based on historical data and/or observations
- Manage the Process Engineers on a daily basis and provide direction as required.
- Set, monitor and report on all metallurgical parameters and control strategies in the process plant.
- Manage the following:
- Metallurgical projects from initiation through to initial cost benefit and calculation.
- Daily metallurgical reporting processes
- Control process control, ensuring all critical control loops are in use and tuned.
- The setting of flocculent addition rates, control and monitor usage
- Investigate process problems and suggest solutions to optimize performance efficiency.
- Maintain statistical data analysis systems to assess plant capabilities and performance.
- Capacity building of the mine process team to achieve necessary skills and competencies identified in skill mine
- Lead and motivate staff and plan their training to improve their performance and develop their skills.
- Provide technical input for development and updating of all process training manuals.
- Assist in the training of operators especially focusing on the technical aspects of their roles.
- University Degree in either Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ Technical experience in mining industry.
- Knowledge and experience in the following:
- Project management
- Operational experience and maintenance of a similar plant or process
- Commissioning of new equipment circuits and plants
- Safety aspects for mechanical and electrical facilities as well as industrial facilities
- Financially literate to prepare budgets, forecasts, and financial analysis
- Knowledge and operation of managing a multi service organization and multi-client operation
- Technical drawings and documentation (P & IDs, PFDs, pipe specifications, etc.)
- Ability to prepare complex reports and maintain complex records
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills to work with a diverse workforce across multiple disciplines.
- Previous working experience in a developing country.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and developing the national workforce.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual English and French.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure. Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.