- Plymouth, England
- Design & Creative
- £25,000.00 to £35,000.00 per annum
Launch CAD Designer
Our client based in the South West is looking for a CAD Designer to join their Yacht Design department. Reporting directly to the CAD Manager, this well-established brand has a reputation for luxurious and innovate design Yachts & Superyachts with the Marine Industry.
The right candidate should have a degree within a relevant course, with 1 - 4 years' experience in a competitive design environment.
Practical problem solving and thinking skills are essential, and you should have a specific interest in product improvement and design quality. You will be expected to help introduce new products into production and will need to be able to overcome problems whilst maintaining high quality design standards.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
• Knowledge to be able to deliver design solutions for manufacturing
• Working across departments such as Production, Design, Engineering and Naval Architecture
• 3D & 2D CAD Modelling and drafting
• BOM Management, admin & budget management
• Strong sketching, modelling and visualisation skills
• Manage / coordinate the introduction of new/replacement components (design lead parts)
• Assist with R&D projects
• Engineer solutions for all aspect of the product (Boatbuilding processes)
• Working on the NPI and NPD development process
This role is built around the new product development with the introduction of new yachts into the business, you will support design and production.
To hear more about this great opportunity please contact Alisha on 07458040284