If machinery automation and robotics projects interest you, this Auckland based material handling systems OEM could fit your niche. Our client design and manufacture automated bulk product handling systems. With both local and offshore clients, they provide industrial automation solutions for the whole project life cycle.
Their primary customers are in the dairy, and food & beverage sectors and examples of their customised solutions include automated and robotic product handling, palletizing/de-palletizing, conveying, packing etc. for plant or warehouse applications. The Role
Based in Auckland you will be responsible for taking a project all the way through from an automation perspective. So right from the beginning overlooking initial designs, writing the software for PLC’s, HMI’s, and Robotics integration. You will take the project right through to on-site commissioning and client handover.
You will need to be someone who can program PLC's and configure HMI's and this company use Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC’s/HMI’s. Specific sector knowledge and robotic programming could be learnt on the job by someone with the right experience and aptitude but obviously if you have this it would be a plus. The company use ABB and Kawasaki robots.Travel:
You need to flexible to travel for commissioning trips locally or in Australia. These trips are typically up to 2 weeks long, and while the number of trips per year will vary, 5 to 6 trips is a good benchmark.Role Snapshot
Industrial Automation Project Engineering including:
Areas of Expertise/Skills Required
- Electrical/Automation Design and Specification for Material Handling solutions
- Automation Programming (PLC, HMI, Robotics)
- Site Installation and Commissioning
- Production Troubleshooting and Analysis
- Creation of Automation/Electrical Documentation e.g., user manuals and training
- On-going Product Support
- Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or similar with relevant industry experience
- PLC Programming (Rockwell and Siemens) and communication protocols
- HMI Design and Configuration (they use Allen Bradley and Siemens)
- Robot Programming (ABB Robot Studio, and Kawasaki) – can be learnt on the job
- Can troubleshoot control systems
- Microsoft Office Savvy
- Can write Project Documentation
- An eye for detail and producing quality work
- Experience with AutoCAD would be helpful but not essential
- Database experience is a nice to have
This Automation Engineering role would suit someone that thrives off working in a technically challenging role and who already has Automation Engineering experience.
With the increase of robotics and automation now and in the future, this company are a good place to be for that boom. This is a salaried role based upon experience, the usual KiwiSaver applies along with a supplied mobile phone and laptop.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively, for a confidential inquiry contact David Milmine by email (email@example.com
) or phone (04 595 4102
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz
Due to current NZ border restrictions, we can only accept applications from people in NZ or returning NZ Citizens and Residents.