This large and successful Food Manufacturer in Christchurch are in the process of building their in-house Engineering and Maintenance team to support their main Christchurch based plant, and another nearby plant site too.Your Team
You will join the Engineering & Maintenance Team that will soon be made up of Two Industrial Electricians and Three Mechanical Technicians. You will report to a highly rated Maintenance Planner Scheduler, who in turn reports to a very experienced Engineering and Maintenance Manager who has done it all before. Maintenance Methodology and Continuous Improvement:
This company are building their Maintenance Team and have a real focus on working to a robust ‘best practice’ engineering and maintenance strategy. This will include a focus and company backing on things like asset care, reliability, preventative maintenance, continuous improvement, and keeping the plant running as optimally as possible. The Day to Day
On the Electrical front you will support the daily engineering operational requirements of the plant machinery, and buildings, as well as emergency (e.g., breakdowns) and preventative maintenance activities. There will also be some special projects too e.g., installing new machinery into the plant.Hours:
This is an hourly wage, 40 hour a week role between Monday and Friday. Currently this is a day shift role but this will soon change to be a weekly shift rotation between a day shift one week and an afternoon/evening shift the next.Overtime & Call-outs:
You will also be paid extra for any call-outs and overtime worked. Overtime will apply after 40 hours and paid at your hourly rate x 1.5. The number of call outs is limited, and efforts will be made to keep it this way. The expectation for overtime is up to 10 hours per week, decreasing over time as preventative maintenance activities lessen the need for this.About YouRelevant Machinery Experience:
Fault-finding and troubleshooting experience on this sort of equipment would be valuable e.g., Conveyors, Multivac Thermoformers, multi-head weighers, check weighers, metal detectors, packaging and packing equipment e.g., flow wrappers, taping machines, case packers, & palletisers etc. Must Have Experience
Nice to Have Experience
- Full EWRB Electrician Registration.
- Strong Preventative Maintenance & Reliability mindset.
- Plant Background: at least 1 year in an FMCG high-volume processing plant e.g., Food, Dairy, Pharma, or other high quality and hygiene environment.
- Previous installation & maintenance experience of industrial electrical equipment and components.
- Ability to understand electrical drawings and manuals.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Attitude: a go the extra mile attitude is more important than advanced technical proficiency.
- Ability to work and think under pressure while remaining calm and composed and resolve the issue or keep machinery limping along until a proper fix can be implemented.
Why Apply?Company Culture:
- Other Trade experience in Mechanical, Industrial Controls (e.g., PLC), or Instrumentation
- Food Experience or an attitude to learn how to work in this environment.
- Plant Safety & Food Hygiene awareness
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, sensors e.g., checking, calibration, and replacement
- PLC fault-finding is of interest but not a dealbreaker e.g., an ability to see if there is a logic sequence that has been stopped by something like a time period exceeded.
- Experience with root cause analysis and other problem-solving exercises such as FMEA.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Best Practices.
The company culture is welcoming, and their people possess a lot of can-do attitude. The company is very successful, coming from a family business in years gone by, into more of a large corporate these days. There is a real hunger to be better than they were yesterday which is quite engaging and attractive. There are some really good people that work there who are passionate about the company and continuing to make it successful.Remuneration:
A competitive hourly rate, overtime at rate x 1.25, health insurance, and KiwiSaver. Training & Development:
You will be offered training in Permit to Work, Leadership, and given Reliability & Operational Excellence Coaching.Location & Affordability:
Christchurch is an attractive coastal place to live, it is a well setup major city in New Zealand and is also one of the most affordable major cities to live in too, potentially Aucklanders could even get two houses for the price of one! The location of the main processing plant is convenient, being close to the city and a lot of accommodation and schools, rather than being out in the countryside like many major plants are.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively, for a confidential inquiry contact David Milmine by email (email@example.com) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz
Due to current NZ border restrictions, we can only accept applications from people in NZ or returning NZ Citizens and Residents.